Monday, December 15, 2014

dreams and desires

Life is a fleeting moment in the span of eternity. A mere blink. We are born and then we die and in between is all we have. And we make a big deal out of it. Shouldn’t we? It’s all we have after all.
This moment in eternity, unexplained as to the how’s’ and why’s, exists. It’s ours and no one else’s. Yet we are afraid to live it. To experience it. We surround ourselves with priorities and goals to achieve. We value money over experience. Work over friends. Values over love. And we forget that we are here with just this blink of an eye. We forget to make the most of it. We forget to see the sun set everyday. To feel the earth with our bare hands. To think the thoughts our mind is capable of. To feel. To love. To live. To be free.

Don’t wake up one day with half your life behind you and wonder what happened. Why are so many of your dreams incomplete. Why are your desires left blowing in the wind?

Instead ask what’s stopping you from achieving that. You will find that nothing holds you back except for fear.

I’ve been struggling with my mortality and my life so far. My eyes have opened to the reality of this life I have so far lived. And I’m suddenly aware that it’s been a sham. A shadow on what could have been. And I have regrets. Oh so many regrets. As I wipe the condensation off my face I realise this is not the life I wanted. But I need the strength to change it. Courage.  To overcome the fear.
And yet I find that I’m alone. Very very alone. In a world that’s so so large.

No comments: