Monday, June 29, 2009

Inner demons.

the voices were louder.
i turned up the volume.
i tried to drown out the voices.
it wasn't meant to be.i couldn't drown them out.
there were too many of them ….against only me….and they were too loud.
inner demons are always tough to drown out that way.
screams from my inner self, they were scrambling to get out.
screaming at me for attention, like the beggar on the street trying to catch your eye. once you were locked in, you were caught, there is no way out, no turning back. it was final.

i dont know what they were screaming about from the depths of my conscience, but what im sure about is that i didnt want to know…..
im probably scared of what they would have to say to me.
Probably something pointed out to me that ive swept under my mental rug.
im running from these voices but it feel as if im on a treadmill....i can run all i wanna but im no further from where i started.

the voices are closer and louder and tendrils of the screams lick at my ankles.snaring me tripping me.trying to pull me in.
salvation.music.help.
i change the track, turn the volume higher and pray.
salvation.music.louder.help.
help.

No comments: